Point Cloud Custom Classifier.
Your custom-made automatic point cloud classifier – trained and tested for your use case.
What the Point Cloud Custom Classifier achieves.
Manually annotating data in 3D point clouds is a very time-consuming process.
You can significantly reduce this effort of manual annotation with your own Point Cloud Custom Classifier. It offers you automated and personalized point cloud classifications with the help of AI. We train a model just for your use case to give your performance a boost and open up new possibilities.
Our clients reported that for some scenarios the classification effort could be shortened from several days (with manual annotation) to a few hours when using our Custom Classifier service.
How do Point Cloud Custom Classifiers work?
You can either quickly generate training data yourself in our Pointly platform or through our labeling workforce. If you have already classified data, you can leverage it as training material for your classifier and get a jump start with our 3D Point Cloud Services.
Our team of AI experts will accompany you in this process, defining KPIs according to your needs and regularly updating you on performance.
To start the training of your AI model, you’ll need to upload your data to Pointly and manually classify your point clouds to generate training data for the model. As soon as you have a decent amount of training data, we can start training your custom classifier.
After supplying enough input, the model can take over to classify your point clouds – you only need to make manual corrections. Through reinforcement learning, each repeated cycle of the process improves the output of your point cloud custom classifier. After doing the manual work a few times you rarely have to do it ever again.
How to get your hands on the new Point Cloud Custom Classifier
- Use the form below to submit your inquiry.
- You will receive a Pointly Professional Account to upload your point clouds. The data is split into three batches. Each batch is labeled, either by you or through our labeling workforce*. Then, we run training for each batch, optimize them automatically, and report the performance back to you.
Do you want to know more, or do you have any questions? Please read our FAQ or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
*Labeling fees apply at competitive rates.
What you get:
- A Professional Pointly subscription
- A personal consultation session with our AI experts to assess your goals and define KPIs
- Regular performance updates on the training progress
- A custom point cloud classifier with a trained AI, tried and tested for your use case that you can keep using and training
How it works.
Take these four main steps to get your own Custom Classifier!
1) Create a customized Class Catalog and link it to a new project.
2) Upload your .las/.laz files to the project via the Upload Dialog.
3) Now the data can be classified in Pointly to generate training data for the model. Use a Pointly Standard Classifier for automatic pre-classification and manually correct results or let us handle the task entirely for you with a Managed Workforce.
4) We train the Custom Classifier and deploy it to your Pointly Account. Now you can apply it to new data and use it for your projects. Alternatively, we can provide your classifier via an API or as On-Premises Classification Tool.